Erol Alkan Forum
Erol Alkan Confirmed For HARD Summer - Printable Version

+- Erol Alkan Forum (http://erolalkan.co.uk/forum)
+-- Forum: Index (/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: Erol Alkan Confirmed For HARD Summer (/showthread.php?tid=61994)

Erol Alkan Confirmed For HARD Summer - Bela - 2012-04-25 00:48:35

[Image: 546491_10150768165889928_18554854927_945...6442_n.jpg]

The fifth annual HARD Summer Music Festival runs August 3-4th at Los Angeles State Historic Park. Erol Alkan will be playing alongside Boys Noize, Brodinski, Gesaffelstein, Fake Blood, James Murphy & many more – check out the complete lineup here

Tickets available on Fla.Vor.Us

RE: Erol Alkan Confirmed For HARD Summer - kneel diamond - 2012-04-25 03:41:28

can I have a separate festival with only 'Erol & BN, Gesaffelstein, Brodinski, Araabmuzik, Surkin, Zombie Disco Squad, Light Year, Kill Frenzy, Jim E-Stack, Brenmar, Lunice, and SPTT playing?

Probably not, but a man can dream right? a....man...can...dream....

RE: Erol Alkan Confirmed For HARD Summer - GhostPayne - 2012-04-25 20:46:11

(2012-04-25 03:41:28)kneel diamond Wrote:  can I have a separate festival with only 'Erol & BN, Gesaffelstein, Brodinski, Araabmuzik, Surkin, Zombie Disco Squad, Light Year, Kill Frenzy, Jim E-Stack, Brenmar, Lunice, and SPTT playing?

People always bitch about the shitty artists on the line up. Let me explain why shitty artists on a line up are awesome.

- Less conflicts - there are 4 stages, I don't want all my favorite acts to be on at the same time, and they are generally good at deciding who's playing against who.

- Less people (at the good stages) - A festival with this production value and size needs lots of people through the door, luckily the crap artists on the bill will draw away the less musically inclined to their own stages while I'm free to walk straight to the front of the Gesaffelstein set.

So I'm happy with the line up, no need for the separate festival.

RE: Erol Alkan Confirmed For HARD Summer - Slick - 2012-04-25 23:48:23

(2012-04-25 20:46:11)GhostPayne Wrote:  
(2012-04-25 03:41:28)kneel diamond Wrote:  can I have a separate festival with only 'Erol & BN, Gesaffelstein, Brodinski, Araabmuzik, Surkin, Zombie Disco Squad, Light Year, Kill Frenzy, Jim E-Stack, Brenmar, Lunice, and SPTT playing?

People always bitch about the shitty artists on the line up. Let me explain why shitty artists on a line up are awesome.

- Less conflicts - there are 4 stages, I don't want all my favorite acts to be on at the same time, and they are generally good at deciding who's playing against who.

- Less people (at the good stages) - A festival with this production value and size needs lots of people through the door, luckily the crap artists on the bill will draw away the less musically inclined to their own stages while I'm free to walk straight to the front of the Gesaffelstein set.

So I'm happy with the line up, no need for the separate festival.

I've experienced this at several festivals and I totally agree. I've seen DJs play wonderful sets in a great crowd because all the people who don't really care were at the main stage dancing to [insert mainstream DJ here].

RE: Erol Alkan Confirmed For HARD Summer - kneel diamond - 2012-04-26 01:22:26

while I generally agree with what you guys are saying, and have had the same experiences when 'shitty DJs/artists' are playing same time/different stage as the ones I like are playing, one simply cannot rule out the awesomeness, that was this;

[Image: hard13_b_400.jpg]

RE: Erol Alkan Confirmed For HARD Summer - healthystarch - 2012-04-26 05:15:15

+1 HARD 13

Although they only had one stage for it. Loved the fact that it was a medium sized festival though.

RE: Erol Alkan Confirmed For HARD Summer - JayPlay - 2012-04-26 16:51:00

Ahhhh Hard 13. The first time I heard "Come With Me, Do You Remember?" and lost my mind. I have to lean more with GhostPayne though. Last HARD summer there was not one conflict the whole night, and DESTRUCTO usually puts all the "EAF friendly" artists on the same day so you dont have to go to both to see all ur favs. I havent felt bad about missing a day for any of his festivals.

RE: Erol Alkan Confirmed For HARD Summer - thatotherjsound - 2012-04-28 01:07:19

If I remember correctly, Hard Haunted 2008 had a stacked lineup with limited cheese as well. They definitely are capable

RE: Erol Alkan Confirmed For HARD Summer - John Thorp - 2012-04-28 19:48:16

The earlier HARDs did have less cheesy line ups, but upon reflection, that's more to do with how 'EDM' has taken off since.

RE: Erol Alkan Confirmed For HARD Summer - Illidren - 2012-04-29 21:24:51

Look how far down the line up Joey Beltram is lol.

RE: Erol Alkan Confirmed For HARD Summer - thatotherjsound - 2012-05-02 13:11:25

All the good stuff's on the bottom. It's a little sad how even the artists based in this country are barely even recognized by most Americans

RE: Erol Alkan Confirmed For HARD Summer - djsuupaa - 2012-05-03 08:29:00

Oh man. Hard 13, my first HARD event, been championing them ever since. What a night, my ears rang for 3 days straight.

Back to this, BOOTSY COLLINS?

This lineup is absolutely insane.

RE: Erol Alkan Confirmed For HARD Summer - Bela - 2012-06-16 09:59:46

[Image: 550798_10150962776999928_588714219_n.jpg]

Erol is playing on Friday August 3 alongside Fake Blood, Gesaffelstein, Joey Beltram, Surkin, Riton, Jokers of the Scene & Sound Pellegrino Thermal Team!

Here's the official trailer :)